Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Stars and Stamps- Sketch #179 and Midweek Throwdown

Happy July all!  I am on vacation so I am able to have some crafty fun for myself!  Thought I would do a two in one post for the Stars and Stamps blog over at Operation Write Home- daring isn't it considering I haven't posted since MARCH?! It's not that I haven't created cards- goodness knows mother's day, father's day and birthdays have all been busy card making times, it is just that I haven't had the time to post.

Soooo, here it goes...

The sketch is #179- pretty simple- I like it because I can use lots of paper!!!!  This summer I am not buying another stitch of paper- I am using what I have sooo this is quite the mish mosh of paper scraps.  Can you believe I used a sticker as my focal point???  I know who is this girl- right?!  I rarely if ever create a card without a colored image- this was an absolute shot in the dark!  But it isn't bad! AND are you ready for this? I got the sticker at The Dollar Tree ages ago!!!  See, using what I have- day 1!

The throwdown is a color challenge (red, white, blue and kraft cardstock).  Not a great fan of kraft cardstock, but it does have its place in the craft world- maybe I should try using it a little more... I used the blue as the base of the card and part of the rectangle on the card- I had two really busy papers and felt I needed to anchor it somehow.

This was a fun one!  Stay tuned for more creations on this crafty summer vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute sticker and you've backed it up nicely with your papers. Kraft is not my favorite either, but your punched piece here is just the right touch of kraft.

    ReplyDelete