Friday, February 22, 2013

Bee My Honey!

Wow this vacation of creation is really workin' for me!  Amazing how much you get done when you have a stay-cation!  I saw this sketch on the The Sweet Stop blog and it had a twist- bees or birds.  I have another cute digi from the Stamp Fairy to share today!  He turned out really cute.  I am not used to using such soft colors on a card, but when I saw the honey comb paper in this paper pack from My Mind's Eye, I had to give it a try!  The bucket with the honey has some Glossy Accents on it which you cannot really see in this photo, but it is there!!!  The black on the bee has some black gel pen on it- I wanted to make the outfit really stand out on the paper and not get lost in the softness of the colors of the card.  Sentiment is also by the Stamp Fairy and the twine I used over on the left there has some cream color running through the white of the twine.

I wanted to use glitter on those wings in the worst way, but this card is scheduled to leave for Operation Write Home and they have some strict guidelines on card submissions for the troops.  Glitter is a no, no, soooo pretend in your mind:)  If you haven't tried card making for Operation Write Home, click on the side bar link and check it out- it is a great cause and I have really enjoyed their blog Stars and Stamps.

I am entering this card in the Sweet Stop Sketch for the week:
SSS198- Sketch with a Spin and a Prize (Birds and/or Bees)

1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest little bee!! Fabulous combination of designer papers. Thanks for sharing on The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete